Read that first sentence again. Each believer has a responsibility and that responsibility is to make every effort to respond to God’s promises! You can go to church every day of your life but until you make the choice to RESPOND, you’re nothing more than a seat warmer at church.
For many years I sat and listened to my husband preach. I was in church NON-STOP! A year ago the devil attacked my body and everything changed. I thought going to church made you an untouchable giant. I thought logging in countless hours of church services would exclude me from attack. I was wrong! After the attack on my body, I pressed into the things of God like never before. I wanted to know why! Why did those horrible things happen to a preacher's wife?! We’re supposed to be the example, the role models!
2 Peter 1:10 says, “So, dear brothers and sisters, work hard to prove that you really are among those God has called and chosen.” This statement blew my mind. It implies the fact that there are many who call themselves Christians but there’s an application that needs to be made to confirm that you are “called and chosen.”
Notice how he tells us to “supplement our faith.” That word ‘supplement’ is defined “something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.” If you feel like your faith is weak, (like mine was) here are things we can supplement (faith steroids or enhancers!) in order to get big faith!
1. Moral Excellence- Living a clean, righteous life. It’s doable. (1 Peter 1:16)
2. Knowledge- You’ve heard that phrase “knowledge is power.” It’s an absolute truth for a believer. The only way to gain knowledge is by studying the Bible. The Word of God will bring you power and juice up your faith like never before! (Psalm 119:66)
3. Self-Control- Controlling yourself from anything that would try to get control over you! For me, it was self-control over my emotions. Control over the constants fears and anxiety! Self- Control must be exercised in order for the Word of God to have an effect. The way you control your flesh will pave the way for a greater blessing. God can’t do it for you. You must choose to enforce it! (1 Corinthians 9:26-27)
4. Patient Endurance - Don’t give up on God’s Word. If it says “You are healed” then don’t surrender to your sickness. Patient endurance will keep you in God’s will and lead you to receive His promises! Stay with it! (Hebrews 10:36)
5. Godliness- This word defined is “conforming to the laws and wishes of God.” Having the Word stored up on the inside of you will mold you into who He wants you to be. As you conform to the ways of God, you become godly! In becoming godly, you hold the promise of life on earth and in heaven! (1 Timothy 4:7-8)
6. Brotherly Affection- Harboring hate or bitterness has to GO! “If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.” (1 John 4:20).
7. Love For Everyone- 1 John 4:7-8 says, “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” A love for people will compel you to do great things. When your sole motivation is love for those around you, you’re destined to do great things! God will mark you as a vessel that can be used because you function the way He does. He doesn’t love. He IS LOVE!
Take these 7 supplements and apply them to your life starting NOW. If you want to see incredible results, take them on a daily basis. By this time next year, you’ll be someone marked for a glorious destiny! In Jesus name!