The most important thing you could do as a parent is be well informed as to what the Bible has to say about your kids. What you don't know belongs to you isn't entitled to stand for you. If you train yourself and your kids to walk in the way of the Lord, your life will be the smoothest, most stress free life a person can live. Here are 5 Scriptures to remind yourself of and pray over your children EVERY DAY.
1. Psalm 112:2 “ Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.”
Don't be anxious about the success of your kids. They will be a blessing to this generation! The plan God has for your children are far better than we can hope for or imagine. I can guarantee you, whatever kind of success you've envisioned your child having pales in comparison to what God has planned for them!
2. Psalm 8:2, “ You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you.”
Your child’s testimony and love for God will silence all who oppose you! People can say what they want but when your child is a blessing to a generation, they’ll have to shut their mouths. Your child is a direct reflection of who you are in Christ and what you stand for. Remember that!
3. Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go [teaching him to seek God’s wisdom and will for his abilities and talents],Even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
Training isn't a walk in the park. There are times where this training will be taxing and outright hard to do. We must continue in this effort as we’re promised in this scripture that they won't ever depart from it. Deuteronomy 6:7 says, “Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.” Make time to teach your kids godly principles from the Word of God (plug: www.themightyseries.com)
4. Psalm 127:3-5, “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.”
When you get stressed out about the enormous list of things to do in you day to day life, remind yourself of this scripture. Your child won't cause you heart ache, they’ll be a blessing to you! Look at your kid and recognize that he/she is God’s gift to YOU.
5. Isaiah 54:13, "All your sons will be taught of the LORD; And the well-being of your sons will be great. "
The definition of well-being is “ the state of being comfortable, healthy or happy”. Your child’s well-being is guaranteed to be GREAT. Don’t worry or be anxious about the sickness and diseases effecting other kids. Don't be anxious about the things that plague the minds of people in this world, your child won't go through it!
Stand up for what belongs to you and your family, in Jesus name!