Having a firm foundation is an absolute necessity for any structure. If the foundation is wobbly, the building has a potential to crumble down to heaps of rubble. For the believer, your foundation needs to be firm and set on the Word of God. The great thing about God’s Word is that it points everything out that needs to be changed. God has a way of bringing correction to those He loves. (Hebrews 12:6) There’s no guessing whether you’re doing things wrong or right. He tells you plainly!
Here Psalm 15:2-5 informs the believer of eleven things you must do in order to be unshakable in your faith. Eleven things that must be put into practice to make you immovable in your faith!
1. Those who live uprightly and blamelessly - Sin needs to be banished! (Rev. 21:8)
2. Those who do what is right - Know God’s Word and put it into practice. (Matt. 6:33)
3. Those who speak and think the truth in their heart - You are what you think y'all! (Proverbs 23:7) Think the Word of God!
4. Those who refuse to gossip - Quit talking smack! (Psalm 141:3)
5. Those who refuse to harm their neighbors - Do you go out of your way to bring harm to other? Do you purposefully say and do things that make it hard for someone else? (Mark 12:31)
6. Those who refuse to speak evil of their friends - Are you a friend that can be trusted or someone who is continually dishing out personal things people have entrusted you with? (Proverbs 18:24)
7. Those who despise the sinner - Despise means ‘unworthy of one's notice or consideration’. Are those you look up to posting their sin up for the world to see? Are they parading wickedness as a badge of honor? Who you admire tells A LOT of what you’ll become and who you are. (Matt. 6:22-23)
8. Those who honor the faithful followers of God - There are many great men and women of God in the world who are full of faith. Find them, get to them, glean from them, honor them! (1 Thessalonians 5:12)
9. Those who keep their promises even when it hurts - Your integrity is incredibly important. If you lose it you lose all credibility, influence, and credence with anyone. Looking for a raise or promotion? How can God bring it to you when you’re not responsible enough to be a man/woman of your own word?! (Matt. 5:37)
10. Those who lend money without charging interest - Set out to bless others. Everything God did was out of love and mercy. Do the same! (Luke 6:34-38)
11. Those who cannot be bribed to tell a lie concerning the innocent- Do I really have to talk about this one? (Exodus 23:8)